Position: Assistant needed to support high school summer school teachers. Program hours: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Classes will meet June 12th through June 28th, four days per week.
Description: The Instructional Assistant assists by supervising students and assisting teachers as needed. The assistant also performs general office duties.
1. Assist the teacher in the classroom with tutoring students, collecting student data, and other student activities to ensure effective classroom management.
2. Assist teachers in collecting and preparing instructional materials, which may include shopping for supplies; such as, media center materials, reading and math worksheets and tests, project materials, general supplies, and straightening rooms so that instructional materials are available
when needed to support classroom activities. Set-up, organize, and replace consumable materials used in the classroom to ensure materials are available for students and ensure effective classroom management.
3. Utilize positive behavior management techniques at the direction of the teacher to ensure effective classroom management.
4. Assist the teacher in the production of materials to be used during class time to ensure effective classroom management.
5. Maintain confidentiality of family and program information.
6. Work as a team member with other staff to promote positive educational environment.
7. Supervise students in the lunchroom, classroom, playground, or other assigned areas and may also wipe lunch tables so that students act in a safe manner appropriate to the school environment.
8. May perform general duties; such as, filing, copying, data entry, and answering phones so that the needs of building teachers are met.
9. May sell, take and/or tally tickets for various school events.
10. Other job related duties as assigned.
1. High school degree, GED, or equivalent.
2. Ability to work effectively with parents, students, and other staff.
3. Ability and experience working with classroom technology is desirable.
4. Willingness to accept and follow direction.
5. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
6. General office skills.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
8. Ability to work overtime including evenings, weekends and holidays.