196 day contract
Desirable Position Criteria
- Valid Iowa teaching license, required
- English/language arts (K-8, 5-12 or All) endorsement or Middle School Endorsement, required
- Reading endorsement (K-8, 5-12 or K-12), preferred
- Knowledge of the middle level learner based on current research.
- Successful experience as a LA/Reading instructor at the middle level preferred.
- Use of pedagogically appropriate/best practice instructional methods and a rigorous curriculum designed to prepare all students to achieve higher standards and become lifelong learners.
- Preference is given to instructor with demonstrated knowledge of PBIS, differentiating instruction, the use of data to guide instruction, standards-based reporting, the Core, and 21<sup>st</sup> Century Skills.
- Commitment to the team teaching concept; including integrated instruction as well as interdisciplinary instruction.
- Contributing member of a Professional Learning Community.
- Ability to involve parents and communities in supporting student learning and healthy development.
- Commitment to ongoing professional growth and development as described in the Iowa Professional Development Standards and support of the Iowa Teaching Standards as the foundation from which to build that ongoing growth plan.
It is the policy of the Waukee Community School District not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), genetic information (for employment), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact the district’s Equity Coordinator, Mr. Duane Magee, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, 560 SE University Avenue, Waukee, IA 50263. Phone number: 515-987-5161. Email: email@example.com; or to the Director of the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Des Moines, Iowa; or to the Director of the Region VII Office of Civil Rights, Department of Education, Chicago, Illinois. The Waukee Community School District complaint procedure in its entirety is located in the Board of Directors’ Policy Manual. Procedures for staff are outlined in Board policy 405.5. Procedures for parents, students and community members are referred to in Board policy 502.9 and 1003.3. Copies of the Policy Manual are located in each Principal’s office, the Administrative Office, the Waukee Public Library and the District’s website, http://www.waukee.k12.ia.us.