Business/Computers (Interviews have been scheduled.)
Waukee High School
196 Day Contract
Desirable Position Criteria
- Valid Iowa teaching license, required
- 5-12 Business-All endorsement, required
- Masters Degree in the content area or Masters of Arts Degree plus 12 hours in content area, preferred.
- Experience in secondary business education (including a demonstrated ability to provide educational opportunities for students in the curricular areas of accounting, business law, website design, computer programming, and computers in general), required.
- Demonstrated capacity to engage and guide high school students in a hybrid-learning environment, required.
- The ability to utilize pedagogically appropriate/best practice instructional methods designed to prepare all students to achieve higher standards and become lifelong learners.
- Preference is given to a teacher with the ability to demonstrate how to differentiate instruction, how to utilize assessments and data to guide instruction, and experience with aligning the intent of the Iowa Core to a 21<sup>st</sup> century classroom, required.
- Demonstrate ability to lead classroom and departmental efforts, including, but not limited to, the design of curriculum, managing and organizing resources and supplies, required.
- Commitment to ongoing professional growth and development as described in the Iowa Professional Development Standards and support of the Iowa Teaching Standards as the foundation from which to build that ongoing growth plan.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the administration and/or board of education may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Implement the use of the district framework to meet the needs of all students and other curricular-specific expectations.
- Create and maintain healthy relationships with students.
- Serve as a student advisor.
- Maintain accurate and timely grades and provide measurable and adequate feedback on student work.
- Participate in secondary-level professional development.
- Active membership in the curricular and team level Professional Learning Communities.
It is the policy of the Waukee Community School District not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), genetic information (for employment), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact the district's Equity Coordinator, Mr. Duane Magee, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, 560 SE University Avenue, Waukee, IA 50263. Phone number: 515-987-5161. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or to the Director of the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Des Moines, Iowa; or to the Director of the Region VII Office of Civil Rights, Department of Education, Chicago, Illinois. The Waukee Community School District complaint procedure in its entirety is located in the Board of Directors' Policy Manual. Procedures for staff are outlined in Board policy 405.5. Procedures for parents, students and community members are referred to in Board policy 502.9 and 1003.3. Copies of the Policy Manual are located in each Principal's office, the Administrative Office, the Waukee Public Library and the District's website, http://www.waukee.k12.ia.us.
Waukee Community School District
560 Southeast University Avenue
Waukee is the fastest growing school district in the state of Iowa with more than 850 staff members serving more than 7,000 students in grades preschool through twelfth grade. Our schools serve students from Clive, Urbandale, Waukee, and West Des Moines as well as open enrollment students from other communities outside the 55 square miles of our district boundaries.
There are currently 10 school buildings operating in Waukee including six elementary schools: Brookview, Eason, Maple Grove, Shuler, Walnut Hills and Waukee Elementary; two middle schools: Waukee Middle School and Waukee South Middle School; one ninth grade building: Prairieview; and one high school: Waukee High School.
This portion of our website contains links to information About the District, District Office, School Improvement, Business Services, Operations, Community, Board of Education, Transportation, Alumni/Reunion Information, and the WCSD Foundation.
All jobs from Waukee Community School District