RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- To cooperate with the certified teacher to remediate the deficiencies in the basic skills areas by providing individual and small group instruction.
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially by the teacher.
- Assists the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing materials or skills based on an understanding of individual students, theirs needs, interests and abilities.
- Serves as a source of information and help any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher.
- Alerts the teacher to any problems or special information about an individual student.
- Assists the teacher in preparing bulletin boards, copying materials, grading papers and help in testing.
- Operates and cares for equipment used in the classroom.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- AA degree or 60 college credits (preferred) or passing score on one of the following AZ Dept of Education approved assessments: ParaPro, ACT Workkeys, Master Teacher's Para Educator Learning Network.
- The ability to communicate effectively with parents and teachers.
- The ability to obtain CPR/First Aide Certification.
- 2 yrs or higher level education or proven equivalent level of proficiency required.
- Such alternatives as the Board may find appropriate.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
$8.67- $9.40 per hour
7 hours per day – 10 month position
Participation in Arizona State Retirement (ASRS)
Supervising Teacher & Site Principal