Duties & Responsibilities: (Primary Function, Major Responsibilities, Summary of key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
Salary: Probation Rate - $10.56 Reg. Rate - $12.22
1. Responsible for production and make-up of all bakery items.
2. Completes production records.
3. Assists in development of standardized recipes which comply with federal nutritional requirements, make efficient use of
USDA commodity food ingredients and are appropriate to commissary bakery equipment.
4. Makes appropriate adjustments in processing bakery products for conditions, portion size, and projected volume requirements.
5. Orders for food and supplies.
6. Scales and measures ingredients accurately for mixing.
7. Maintains standards of sanitation, safety, production, service, and food quality.
8. Assists in supervision of bakery personnel.
9. Has ability to operate all specialized bakery equipment and inspect periodically, recommending need for maintenance and repairs.
10. Has applied knowledge and experience of baking principles. Has demonstrable baking skills.
11. Plans workload and production for catering and baked products for all school meals; forecasts requirements and coordinates food
12. Coordinates food orders and production for Alternative High School and Daycare menus.
13. Has the ability to communicate and work with fellow employees and supervisors.
14. Maintains good public relations with students, parents, faculty, and the community.
15. Has ability to do cake decorating.
16. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
· The cook is physically able to work in a standing position for prolonged periods and to walk much of the time during the day; is able to work in very warm surroundings; has manual dexterity to handle knives and other pieces of kitchen equipment, and is able to lift materials weighing at least 46 pounds. May be required to climb stairs.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE - The School Food Service Baker shall possess competence in the above stated areas of responsibility. It is required that the cook have a high school diploma or GED and complete the Basic Food Service Course, Food Service Safety and Sanitation Class, Food Preparation, Service Merchandising, Interpersonal Relationships, and Menu Planning OR Nutrition Education Class.