Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
Rate of pay: Probation rate - $ 9.87 Reg. rate - $ 11.37
1. Responsible for serving breakfasts and lunches which meet the minimum federal, state and District requirements.
2. Makes final preparation of food or may occasionally bake off convience food items to be served in the breakfast and lunch
3. Orders some foods and supplies.
4. Supervises food service personnel.
5. Assists in control of food and supply costs with inventory control, proper storage and handling, and portion control.
6. Maintains records (including payroll and attendance) required by federal and state regulations and the Supervisor of Food and
7. Maintains standards of sanitation, safety, production, service, and food quality.
8. Has the ability to communicate and work with fellow employees and supervisors.
9. Maintains good public relations with students, parents, faculty, and the community.
10. Inspects equipment periodically, recommending needed repairs or replacement.
11 Assists in making the school food and nutrition services program an integral part of the educational program.
12. Responsible for making a deposit of all monies collected in a Provision II school.
13. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
· PHYSICAL - The cook in charge is physically able to work in a standing position for prolonged periods and to walk much of the time during the day; is able to work in very warm surroundings; has manual dexterity to handle knives and other pieces of kitchen equipment, and is able to lift materials weighing at least 46 pounds. May be required to climb stairs.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE - The School Food Service Cook in Charge shall possess competence in the above stated areas of responsibility. It is required that the cook in charge have a high school diploma or GED and complete the Basic Food Service Course, Food Service Safety and Sanitation Class and Interpersonal Relationships Class.