The following are required:
The following are preferred:
- Valid Alaska teaching certificate
- HQT (Highly Qualified Teacher) designation in any NCLB core content area. Successful candidate may need to obtain additional HQT designations depending upon future course assignments after this hiring process.
- Educational Technology Endorsement or related experience
Evidence of the following skills and abilities:
- Leadership skills and qualities
- Ability to provide professional development opportunities to colleagues in a variety of formats
- Interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills
- Success in modeling effective use of current instructional technology
- Experience in adult learning theory, coaching/mentoring scenarios
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with teachers and administrators
- Instructional leadership in technology
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Technology Collaborator's primary focus will be to assist classroom teachers in integrating multiple technologies in order to differentiate and enhance student learning. In collaboration with building leaders, curriculum specialists, and the IT and Ed Tech Department, the Technology Collaborator will provide embedded and ongoing professional development for teachers, staff, and administration in order to ensure an effective 21 st century learning environment for all ASD students.
The responsibilities listed below are representative of the essential functions of this position. The successful candidate:
- Can describe their philosophy of technology integration and demonstrate its relationship to best practices in instructional methods
- Applies knowledge of current research and theory and has the ability to use current technology to enhance instruction
- Facilitates school-based high quality professional development, working with teachers (in teams or individually) to refine their knowledge and skills. Training vehicles will include the following:
- In-class co-teaching, peer observing and/or modeling of technology integration strategies and multiple technologies
- Guiding teachers in looking at student work
- Developing lesson plans with teachers based on student needs
- Working directly with students when appropriate and/or necessary
- Models the effective use of technology integration strategies and multiple technologies into curriculum and instructional practices across content areas
- Identifies school teaching and learning needs, barriers and weaknesses through needs analysis, and organizes and implements problem-solving actions with teachers and administrators
- Fosters and builds relationships with all stakeholders (at school and district levels) to drive collaboration and student support
- Works as a partner with parents, families, and the community
- Collaborates regularly with curriculum, IT, and Ed Tech Departments
- Participates in district-level professional development opportunities provided for Technology Collaborators
- Participates in and contributes to the teaching profession
- Other related duties as assigned
The physical demands of this job require frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking and hearing. Specific visual abilities are also required. The employee is regularly required to reach with his/her hands and arms and occasionally lift items weighing less than 40 lbs. Additionally, the employee must be able to understand vague and implicit instructions, be able to readily recall facts and details, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure.
The Anchorage School District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all individuals with a qualified physical or mental disability.
Work is performed in a professional environment with a wide variety of individuals having differing functions, personalities and abilities, including working with diverse groups of people in a variety of different settings.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
The Anchorage School District is an equal employment opportunity employer.