- Provide instruction to students in an elementary center-based program for learners who are deaf and hard of hearing.
- Work cooperatively with teams to provide appropriate programming for students.
- Develop and implement individualized education plans in accordance with District practice and state and federal requirements.
- Comply with School Board policies and administrative practices, including those procedures outlined in the staff and student handbooks.
- MN Licensure to teach deaf and hard of hearing children.
- Very good American Sign Language skills.
- Willingness to learn and utilize Cued Speech/Cued English during instruction.
- Skills in completing due process paperwork and communicating with parents and other team members.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, support the full body weight of an adult-size individual, tolerate sudden jarring movement, frequent bending and lifting.
SALARY: As per teacher contract
CONTRACT LENGTH: 2012-2013 school year
ISD 917 is an equal opportunity educator and employer