Supportive-Data Driven-Diverse-Collaborative: These are the words District 2 staff use to describe their district and the environment that has
fostered remarkable gains in student achievement over the last several years.
Bensenville Elementary School District 2 seeks a dynamic individual to deliver high-quality speech and language therapy services to a diverse
student population. In keeping with our District's mission, "Preparing Students for a World of Opportunity", District 2 is committed to hiring
and retaining a highly qualified staff.
The Bilingual Speech/Language Pathologist will be responsible for developing and implementing individual education plans, and
collaborating with teachers regarding strategies and supports within the general education environment.
Current position indicates 3 schools, however, due to new construction, the position will serve 2 schools mid-year.
Adherence to local, state and federal policies and procedures is required.
Based on experience and current pay rate, the Board can employ Bilingual Speech/Language Pathologists per
the current teacher contract.
- Type 73 with Speech Language Pathology endorsement
- Illinois Speech-Language Pathology License OR
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence from ASHA and a license from another state and application for Illinois Licensure OR
- Temporary Illinois Speech Language Pathologist license and completion of an approved program
- Hold a Master's or Doctoral Degree earned through completion of a program that has been accredited by ASHA for Speech Language Pathology
- Either (i) has completed a program of study before July 1, 2002 that includes course work and supervised clinical experience sufficient in breadth and depth to demonstrate knowledge and skills related to the specific problems, methods and procedures applicable to students with disabilities in a school setting serving ages 3 through 21 or (ii) meets the content area standards for speech-language pathologists adopted by the State Board of Education, in consultation with the State Teachers Certification Board.
Online application which will include the formal application, resume, official transcripts and certificate, and letters of recommendation.
Apply online at www.bsd2.org and click the APPLY button
SUBMIT ALL DOCUMENTS ON-LINE!