FOOD SERVICE WORKER IV, 6 HOUR
- Prior experience in quantity food service preferred
- Knowledge of principles and methods of quantity food preparation, serving, and storage
- Knowledge of methods of computing food quantities required by prescribed menus
- Knowledge of care and use of food service equipment
- Knowledge of safety and sanitation procedure relating to food preparation and serving
- Ability to prepare high quality food appropriate to the needs of children per established standards
- Ability to effectively work under supervision with others and to effectively assist/supervise other
food service personnel
Ability to assist in estimating quantities of food required using prepared menus and worksheets
- Ability to keep simple records and follow oral and written directions
- Ability to apply work simplification methods
- Ability to perform moderately heavy manual tasks
- Willingness to attend relevant training classes and workshops
- Ability to implement the nutritional and educational goals of the district.
REPORTS TO: Administrator as assigned
JOB GOAL: Performs skilled quantity food production and service in specified areas at school site level
1. Participates in preparation and serving of school lunches, component menu items and other foods
2. Assists food service manager in estimating required quantities of, and receiving, storing, and costing of food and supplies, , maintaining
proper care of equipment and proper sanitation standards and maintaining inventories and other necessary records
3. May assume duties and responsibilities of a food service manager
4. Maintains satisfactory performance standards in food preparation techniques, service and clean-up
5. Maintains satisfactory performance standards in food preparation techniques, service and clean-up:
a. Food Service Worker IV: Skilled in all types of food preparation techniques, (range, baking, salads, service,
clean-up, etc.); may assume specified duties and responsibilities of food service manager in his/her absence
6. Performs other related duties as assigned
SALARY: $1,272 - $1,547 per month
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the District’s “Improvement of Professional Services” handbook,
Board Policies and Procedures and consistent with collective bargaining agreements when applicable.
NEW PROBATIONARY EMPLOYEES AND PERMANENT EMPLOYEES WHO BECOME PROBATIONARY UPON RECLASSIFICATION:
A new employee, or a permanent employee who is changed to a new classification, shall serve a probationary period, which shall not exceed one (1) year of duty time exclusive of leaves of absences or other absences. During this probationary period the employee must meet the required standards of performance to be recommended for permanent status in the classification. A probationary classified service employee may be terminated from the probationary classification at any time without cause, without right of appeal or hearing before the Board of Education. Pursuant to Education Code section 45113, a permanent employee who accepts a promotion and fails to complete the probationary period for that promotional position, shall be employed in the classification from which he or she was promoted.
All applicants must have passed the following test within three years of the deadline. All applicants must register for testing when submitting their application. Appropriate photo identification will be required for entrance to testing.
Food Service Test will be given on April 27, 2012. Please call 631-4877 to register for test.
MINIMUM APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Online application and any required documents listed below must be submitted by 8:00 p.m. on April 25, 2012.
Copies of required certificates, transcripts or diplomas may be submitted with application. District may require that originals be presented for verification prior to employment. Please check with Personnel Services regarding acceptable certificates. For positions requiring college course work official transcripts will be required upon employment.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to meet all application requirements and supply copies of all required documents. A separate set of paperwork is required for each application submitted. All application materials submitted become the property of Bakersfield City School District.
The Bakersfield City School District wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Positions may be re-advertised or application deadlines extended at the discretion of the District. Unless otherwise notified by the District, applications received in response to this bulletin will be considered for available District positions in this classification during the current school year. Those meeting minimum qualifications, including passage of required tests, will remain active during this time. Applicants will not be individually notified of their application status.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract expressed or implied and any of the provisions contained herein may be modified or revoked without notice.