We are seeking an outstanding leader to serve as Director of Finance and Operations who will assist the Superintendent in the administration of all facets of district fiscal operations. The individual should possess the characteristics, skills and experience necessary to administer the financial affairs of the district in such a way as to provide the best possible educational services in the most cost effective manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge, integrity and success in all fiscal services including financial planning and budgeting, accounting and reporting, fiscal management of grants, purchasing, inventory and supply management.
- Ability to oversee ancillary services such as school transportation and food services.
- Background in facilities management, capital planning, construction and renovation.
- Demonstrated success administering payroll, insurance, and employee benefit programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to school business administration and educational finance.
- Knowledge of personnel practices and administration, grievance resolution, and proven success with contractual negotiations.
- Successful experience with technology and computer operations and implementation of management information systems.
- Ability to work with building and district administrators, and to represent the district with pride and distinction. Strong public relations and presentation skills are required.
- A minimum of three years experience in public school business administration.
- Bachelors degree required; concentration in administration, business or equivalent related coursework. Masters degree preferred. 085 School Business Administrator certification required.
Complete our online application accessed through www.plainvilleschools.org and attach a cover letter, resume, 3 letters of recommendation, graduate and undergraduate transcripts, and 085 certification or proof of eligibility. Please address cover letter to: Jeffrey Kitching, Superintendent of Schools.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Plainville Board of Education that no persons shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise discriminated against under any program including employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or veteran status. Any complaint should be brought to the attention of the building principal or Title IX Coordinator – Ewa Heppner, Human Resource Specialist 793-3210 x-213.