In School Support Specialist - Sierra Linda HS (2012-13 SY)
Closes: Until filled
Sierra Linda HS
Hourly salary range: $14.22 to
Contract months: 9
Salary Grade: 21
Hours per day: 8
The purpose of the In School Support Specialist is to provide supervision of the on campus reassignment room and to support the school’s programs and goals.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Bachelor’s degree in any related field preferred.
3. Minimum of three years work experience in education and/or working with youth preferred.
4. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
1. Must pass District Basic Skills Test.
a. Demonstrated competency in computer applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and typing.
b. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
2. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
3. Demonstrated understanding of behavior management techniques and methods.
4. Experience working with high school students preferred.
5. Work independently with little direction.
- Oversees and monitors the on-campus reassignment room on a daily basis.
- Maintains appropriate records and attendance reporting.
- Ensures all students assigned to the on-campus reassignment room are present and working on assignments throughout the day.
- Obtains and distributes assignments from classroom teachers and if necessary, obtains additional assignments to keep students engaged
in educational material while in the on-campus reassignment room.
- Collects completed assignments and delivers to the classroom teacher’s mailbox.
- Completes referral forms and written reports when appropriate.
- Works under the direction of the principal or his/her designee.
- Communicates and works closely with all school staff.
- Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Participates in meetings, special events, training and/or workshops.
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee occasionally will stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hand and arms. Employee will frequently interact with the public and other staff members. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Reports to: Building principal
FLSA: Non Exempt
Terms of Employment: 9 Months - 8 hours per day
Salary: Support Staff Salary Schedule, Grade 21
Evaluation: Performant of the position will be evaluated in acordance with provisions onf the Governing Board Policy
on evaluation of Support Staff Personnel
In House Applicants must complete a Transfer Request Form. If recommended for rehire, employee will be required
to complete a new Form I-9 which requires E-verify submission.
View original posting on employer site »