- Bachelor’s degree in elementary education.
- Reading Specialist Endorsement.
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate and Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Supervises: Instructional Aide
To help provide the kind of instruction and learning environment that will enable each student in the district to master the reading skills appropriate to age, grade level, and learning capacity.
- Assists with school testing program to determine the reading abilities of all students in the reading program and to identify those needing special help.
- Plans and administers the remedial reading program.
- Interprets student needs and progress in reading remediation to the classroom teacher and the parents.
- Conducts in-service workshops and demonstrations pertinent to methods and materials appropriate to various levels of reading instruction.
- Consults with members for the student personnel team at individual case conferences as requested.
- Confers with parents concerning individual students having special reading problems or requiring special remedial help and with any parents requesting such a conference.
- Recommends adoption and use of varied instructional materials, including textbooks, reference works, kits, trade books, audiovisual aids, and the like.
- Interprets, as appropriate, text results and statistical data concerning reading to the administration, staff, and public at large.
- Assists with the development of special instructional programs for handicapped students.
- Establishes a broadly based reading materials center, including a professional library on reading.
- Devises and maintains such records and reports as are necessary to the successful execution of the job.
- Plans and coordinates the Parent Advisory Council for Title 1.
- Prepares and interprets reports to the Principal and Superintendent.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Terms of Employment
Salary and work year to be established by the Governing Board.