LAS CRUCES PUBLIC SCHOOLS
505 South Main, Suite 249
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88001
April 12, 2012
1 POSITION: ONATE HIGH SCHOOL ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
MINIMUM 1. Master’s degree in Education from an accredited college or university
QUALIFICATIONS 2. Five years teaching experience at the secondary level
(evidence in application) 3. Three years administrative experience preferred
4. Possess valid New Mexico Administrative License (Level 3B) or be eligible to obtain said license
5. Evidence of experience with leadership roles at the school or district level
6. Evidence of excellent writing skills
The successful candidate will have: knowledge and ability to apply technology skills; strong speaking and writing skills; experience in developing, facilitating, and assessing innovative curriculum desired; successful experience in conflict resolution with students, parents, and staff members; the ability to establish a working relationship with staff, parents, students and the community; and a commitment to working in a shared leadership environment. The candidate should be a proven instructional leader. Bilingual (Spanish speaking) candidates are encouraged to apply.
REPORTS TO: Principal
SALARY: Assistant Principal--$ 65,000. -- $80,356. (DOE) 11 Months, 220-day contract
Principal Salary Schedule, Range 5
BEGINNING DATE: 2012-13 School year
APPLICATION 1. Letter of interest for this position
PROCEDURE: 2. Current resume or VITA
3. Current transcripts
4. Completed AppliTrack application
5. Copy of New Mexico PED Administrative License
6. Criminal History Affidavit Form (required for finalist)
7. Agreement, Authorization, Waiver, and Release Form
8. Three letters of reference written within the last twelve months (one must be from current supervisor. (If this is not appropriate due to one’s employment status, please contact Andrea Fletcher at (575) 527-5976 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting your application).
All applicants, including current Las Cruces Public Schools employees must submit an application on AppliTrack (http://generalasp.com/lascruces/onlineapp/).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 30, 2012, at 11:00 pm.
Applicants will be screened based on information submitted plus a review of work history, strength of references and specific experiences. Applicants who emerge as the more qualified candidates will be forwarded to the Interview Committee.
AN FBI FINGERPRINT BACKGROUND CHECK WILL BE CONDUCTED ON EVERY NEW HIRE IN THE LAS CRUCES PUBLIC SCHOOLS AT A COST TO THE EMPLOYEE OF $75.00. A $75.00 CERTIFIED BANK CHECK MADE OUT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY IS REQUIRED UPON HIRE. CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT WILL BE CONTINGENT UPON THE RESULTS OF THE BACKGROUND CHECK.
Las Cruces Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity EmployerLas Cruces Public Schools has a No Smoking/No Tobacco Policy