The State Education Resource Center (SERC) is currently seeking qualified candidates for a full-time opening on its consulting staff for an Early Childhood Consultant.
SERC Consultants design and oversee implementation of SERC’s various training and technical assistance initiatives and partnerships. Candidates must have a master’s degree in early childhood education (general or special) or a related field, although a sixth-year certificate or doctorate is preferred.
Applicants must have:
- specific expertise, education, and experience in early childhood education, special and/or general education, and/or curriculum and instruction, including a strong knowledge of effective strategies that meet the needs of diverse young learners in natural environments or preschool settings;
- experience working in early childhood education and care or in public schools or programs, plus demonstrated ability in heterogeneous, inclusive settings;
- experience in design, delivery, and evaluation of high-quality professional development and follow-up application of learning;
- multi-project development and management skills; and
- polished oral and written communication skills.
In addition, in order to be considered for this position, the candidate must have specific educational background, knowledge, and experience in the following:
- early childhood education and care, including early intervention, preschool assessment and curriculum frameworks, kindergarten programming, transitions of young children, and young children with special needs ages birth to 9 years;
- development of comprehensive systems of academic and social-emotional learning and supports; and
- inclusion of students with disabilities in birth to 9 years, including accommodations, and, if necessary, modifications.
The ideal applicants will also have demonstrated effectiveness in a collaborative, highly team-oriented environment yet possess initiative, self-motivation, and the ability to manage multiple priorities independently.
This position will remain open until filled. A thorough, updated resume listing and at least three professional references must be submitted to be considered. Apply online by submitting a letter of intent with resume to: www.ctserc.org
Candidates from racially, culturally, and linguistically diverse backgrounds and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SERC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.