State Education Resource Center (SERC) is currently seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time consultant opening as part of the Teaching & Learning team with an emphasis on Mathematics and 21st Century Skills.
As part of the team, the consultant supports the design and oversees the implementation of SERC’s various training and technical assistance initiatives and partnerships. The consultant also provides on-site professional development and technical assistance to partnering schools and districts. Candidates for the position must have a master’s degree in education or a related field, although a sixth-year certificate or doctorate is preferred.
Applicants must have:
- specific expertise, education, and experience in curriculum and instruction, including strong knowledge of effective strategies that meet the needs of diverse learners in general education settings;
- experience working in public schools or programs;
- demonstrated ability in diverse and inclusive settings;
- experience in design, delivery, and evaluation of high-quality professional development and technical assistance, including follow-up application of learning;
- multi-project development and management skills; and
- polished oral and written communication skills.
In addition, in order to be considered for this position, the candidate must have specific educational background, knowledge, and/or experience in the following:
- the Common Core State Standards;
- 21st Century Skills, particularly Mathematics, from PK-12;
- provision of high-quality core general education practices and practical application of differentiated instruction for all students;
- development of comprehensive systems of academic and social-emotional learning and supports;
- use of assessments that enable educators to monitor academic and social progress to drive educational decision making; and
- identification of the intersection of equity/racial equity with all aspects of education and schooling.
The ideal applicants will also have demonstrated effectiveness in a collaborative, highly team-oriented environment yet possess initiative, self-motivation, and the ability to manage multiple priorities independently.
This position will remain open until filled. A thorough, updated resume listing and at least three professional references must be submitted to be considered. Apply online by submitting a letter of intent with resume to: www.ctserc.org
Candidates from racially, culturally, and linguistically diverse backgrounds and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SERC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.