Description: The Secretary performs secretarial duties such as selling tickets, answering telephones, typing and filing and may record attendance in a manner which will ensure proper functioning of the school or department office.
1. Performs general office duties; such as, typing, sorting, filing, mail and package processing, maintaining files and records, duplicating materials, selling various tickets and collecting fees, scheduling and processing various forms and reports so that the department functions in a proper and effective manner.
2. Performs receptionist duties; such as, answering telephones, disseminating information to persons and providing directions so that questions and inquiries are properly answered.
Incumbent may perform one (1) or more of the following duties:
3. Maintains accounting records for departmental capital outlay and maintenance budgets, prepares the necessary forms for processing, so that accurate information is available in an up-to-date manner.
4. Coordinates the overall supply and equipment inventory such as; maintaining a schedule of inventory, generating bids, purchasing materials, processing accounting forms and labeling inventory so that supplies and equipment are available to meet school or department needs.
5. Records and maintains accurate attendance and grade records; such as, verifying attendance, recording data, maintaining files, assists in conducting follow-up calls to parents or employees so that attendance records are maintained in an accurate and up-to-date manner consistent with established guidelines.
6. Registers students or new employee to the School District and establishes appropriate records and files. Also processes transferring student records so that students are properly registered and enrollment records are kept accurate and up-to-date.
7. Assists in coordinating special projects or events so that activities operate effectively.
8. Maintains enrollments in the Minnesota Automated Reporting Student System (MARSS).
9. Assists in state reports such as Staff Automated Reporting (STAR).
10. Other job-related duties as assigned.
1. High school degree, GED, or equivalent.
2. Receive the minimum passing score on the selected Office Skills Test. (After the posting deadline, selected applicants will be contacted by a member of the Human Resource Department to set up a testing time. Please be aware that we do not test all applicants.)
3. One (1) to three (3) years of clerical/secretarial training or experience.
4. Organizational skills including filing and knowledge of office equipment.
5. Willingness to accept and follow direction.
6. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
7. Good telephone skills.
8. Receptionist skills.
9. Bookkeeping skills
10. Ability to work overtime including evenings, weekends and holidays.