Duties & Responsibilities: (Primary Function, Major Responsibilities, Summary of key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
Rate of pay: Probation rate - $ 9.28 Reg. rate : $10.76
1. May assist in keeping an accurate daily count of number of meals served children who pay the full price, reduced price or
receive the meal at no charge; the number of adult meals served; milk served; and any other sales so that an accurate Daily
Record of Meals Report can be prepared.
2. Responsible for making a daily deposit of all monies collected.
3. Responsible for charging correct prices for food and/or meals and making accurate change.
4. Checks trays of students to be sure they have been served all the essential meal components of a reimbursable school lunch or
breakfast, operating a point of sale terminal.
5. Has the ability to communicate with and relate to students, faculty, parents, fellow workers and supervisors personally, on the
phone, via email, and in writing.
6. May assist in preparing and portioning of food, setting up, cleaning and maintaining the service areas.
7. May assist with the cleaning and storing of any kitchen equipment and the cleaning of floors and tables.
8. Maintains standards of sanitation and safety.
9. Maintains good public relations with students, parents, faculty, colleagues and the community.
10. May assist manager or cook-in-charge with computer data entry.
11. May assist in processing and maintaining Free and Reduced Price Meal Applications.
12. Performs duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the "Davenport Community School District Cashier Handbook."
13. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
· The cashier is physically able to work in a standing position for prolonged periods and to walk much of the time during the day; is able to work in very warm surroundings; has manual dexterity to handle knives and other pieces of kitchen equipment; able to lift materials weighting at least 46 pounds; may be required to climb stairs.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE - The School Food Service Cashier shall possess competence in the above stated areas of responsibility. It is required that the worker has a high school diploma or GED and completes the Basic Food Service Course.
· If working 6 hours or more, Food Service Safety and Sanitation Class is required. Computer experience preferred but not required.