TITLE: School Food Service Worker
Location: Northeast Elementary
Hours: 10:15 am-1:15 pm M-F
Rate of pay: $13.70 per/hr
1. Demonstrates aptitude for successful performance of tasks. It is recommended that each worker complete Basic School Food Service Short Course.
2. Able to physically work in a standing position for prolonged periods and walk much of the time during the day; work in warm surroundings.
3. Have manual dexterity to handle knives and other kitchen equipment.
4. Able to lift materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
5. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Dual responsibility to Supervisor, School Food Service Manager, or designated cook in transport school. The school food service worker works under the supervision of the manager or designated cook in transport schools. Performs general kitchen work other than cooking.
To serve the students and staff attractive and nutritions meals in an atmosphere of efficiency, cleanliness, and warmth. To assure good sanitation of all kitchen equipment.
1. Assists in setting up service areas.
2. Assists with cleaning and storing of all equipment.
3. May assist in portioning and serving food.
4. May clean lunchroom after use.
5. May use various pieces of kitchen equipment, such as dishwashers, ice cream machines, garbage disposals, and ovens.
6. Is available to work on clean up day.
7. Develops and maintains an effective level of communication with appropriate personnel.
8. Maintains a continuing program of staff development and training to develop a competent workforce.
9. Performs other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the Superintendent.
Bending, carrying, climbing, driving, lifting, pushing-pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking.
1. Includes extremes of temperature and humidity.
2. Hazards include stairs and communicable diseases.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Pay period based on the number of days that lunch is served to students each year. Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of Board Policy on Evaluation of Classified Personnel.
Ankeny Community School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of the District to provide equal employment opportunity and not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or marital status in its employment and personnel practices. The District will affirmatively recruit women and men, members of diverse racial/ethnic groups, and persons with disabilities for job categories where the representative groups are underrepresented.
Smoking is prohibited on Ankeny Community School District property