POSITION: School Readiness Coordinator
Independent Tier III
HOURS: Full-Time,12 Month, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Assistant Superintendent
COMPENSATION: Salary schedule based on previous experience and education
This position supervises and coordinates the School Readiness program
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Manage School Readiness program development and long range planning of goals, curriculum, evaluation, policies and procedures. Conduct program evaluations.
2. Address program concerns and questions by staff and parents. Facilitate a mediation process for conflict resolution of staff and parent concerns.
3. Develop and manage the School Readiness budget.
4. Provide orientation, support and in-service training for new teachers, paraprofessionals and office staff.
5. Supervise and conduct performance reviews of School Readiness staff
6. Assist in leading the district in the development and implementation of a PK- 5 collaborative.
7. Collaborate with Community Ed on budget and registration processes and needs.
8. Manage registration system and information needed for CE and District Student Data Base.
9. Develop and maintain a sliding fee scale and manage financial assistance to support budget.
10. Communicate to parents student assessment and evaluation results.
11. Plan and oversee School Readiness marketing, outreach and registration.
12. Collaborate with Teaching & Learning Department to assure alignment of standards, benchmarks and assessment.
13. Train and support teachers in the use of curriculum, assessments and data driven instruction.
14. Develop early childhood formative and summative assessments in all curricular areas.
15. Work in collaboration with ECSE to develop an inclusive program for students on an Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
16. Identify appropriate early interventions and staff development to meet the needs of English Learner students.
17. Coordinate program space and work with building management and other school personnel to manage sites and design environments.
18. Support healthy social and emotional classroom environments.
19. Plan and facilitate School Readiness meetings and staff development.
20. Ensure compliance with School Readiness State Statutes. Keep current in School Readiness legislation and state wide initiatives.
21. Develop and implement a marketing plan for School Readiness and outreach programs to include newsletters, brochures, flyers, and advertisements in community newspapers.
22. Prepare the School Readiness State Report plan and annual reports.
23. Facilitate transitional services and processes for preschool children and their families into the district’s kindergarten program.
24. Initiate and sustain collaborative relationships with community early childhood service providers and community agencies to promote School Readiness within the community.
25. Seek out grant funding and coordinate grant activities that support School Readiness.
26. Collaborate with ECFE in facilitating a parent involvement, education and home visiting component.
27. Build strong collaborative connections with Early Childhood Screening and Head Start.
28. Develop and coordinate School Readiness Advisory Committee.
29. Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minnesota teaching licensure.
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience in developing and implementing curriculum and learning environments for children 3-5 year olds
- Knowledge of child development and developmentally appropriate practices.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in leadership, program planning and administration.
- Demonstrated experience with school budgets and finance.
- Extensive knowledge of effective research-based early literacy and instructional practices.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement programs to meet the linguistic and cultural needs of English Learners.
- Demonstrated effective coaching skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform computer functions, including the use of email and Microsoft Word
- Education and/or experience in program management.
- Ability and desire to work under the team concept.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Experience and/or interest in working with families with multiple needs.
17. Prompt, regular and reliable attendance
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: July 1, 2012 .
POSTING ENDS: April 20, 2012 at 4:00 pm