Library Assistant - Pre K Center
Closes: Until Filled
JOB PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
At the direction and under the supervision of the school Librarian, the Library Assistant will enhance and augment the total learning process of District students by providing multi-media resources for a school by planning and implementing a program which effectively correlates the needs of individual students and teachers with selections, acquisition, and utilization of materials and equipment.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to organize materials and equipment and analyze resource needs
- Knowledge of a broad range of topics (e.g., the arts, sciences, literature, and history).
- Knowledge of State, Local, and Federal laws and regulations affecting performance of duties (e.g., American Library Association standards, copyright laws, school handbook, and local book selection policies).
- Knowledge of current media production techniques including Library computers and changes in technology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel preferred
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree.
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) months to one (1) year of job related experience.
DUTY DAYS: 209 Days
SALARY: CP1 $19.184 - $23.980/hr
Salary determination will be based on documented experience.
A.I.S.D. employees wanting to be considered for this position should complete an online internal application.
NOTE: Internal applicants must be in their current assignment for a minimum of 135 calendar days to be eligible to submit an internal application.