Academic Support Summer Program
Available: July 2, 2012
Closes: May 11, 2012
Westfield High School
Program runs from July 2 through July 19, 2012.
WEEK ONE - July 2, 3, 5, 6, 2012
WEEKS TWO AND THREE: July 9-12 and July 16-19, 2012, Monday through Thursday
Staff Members Report 7:30 am - 12:30 p.m. 5 hours/day for 12 days (60 hours)
Hourly rate is $44.78 with no benefits.
Prior experience as Academic Support Coordinator preferred.
Licensed to teach by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist Principals with the development of summer programs at assigned schools as needed/requested.
2. Identify eligible students and keep accurate Student Success Plan and MCAS records on every student participating in the program(s).
3. Oversee activities of the Academic Support program held at respective site, during the summer as scheduled.
4. Provide coordination and oversight of materials purchase, curriculum implementation, staff levels, student/teacher rations, attendance, and all other program components.
5. Provide in-service training to staff as needed.
6. Keep accurate records of attendance and student data for the grants office.
7. Complete an evaluation (summative) incorporating statistical and anecdotal data.
8. Maintain a list of students taking the bus or walkers being picked up.
9. Be on-site before students arrive (approx. 7:30 a.m.) and remain until all students leave (approx. 12:30 p.m.).
10. Other duties and responsibilities as requested by the grants office.
This position is contingent upon funding.
Westfield Public Schools is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. Westfield Public Schools ensures equal
employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national
origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Any individual needing
assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department
of Human Resources.