Available: July 1, 2012
Vocational Technical High School
- Completed all requirements of Chapter 74, Massachusetts General Laws, for licensure as Principal of a Vocational High
School, AC2 or AC1.
- Possesses a Masters Degree in a related field.
- Minimum of ten years experience in the field of vocational education including no less than five years administrative experience.
- Background and experience demonstrating the ability to work successfully in a collegial relationship with administrative staff and faculty, as well as demonstrated success in working with students.
- An understanding of current educational research as it relates to vocational technical school modes of instruction, curriculum development, principles of organization and management, and the behavioral sciences is desirable.
- Knowledgeable of federal laws and regulations along with state Chapter 74 Vocational Technical Education Regulations and Guidelines.
Negotiated with Superintendent of Schools. Commensurate with experience.
Superintendent of Schools
- Responsible for all aspects of educational leadership in the school.
- Assumes responsibility in the preparation and administration of the budget.
- Responsible for the administration, instruction and supervision of all students, personnel and programs at the Westfield
Vocational Technical High School.
- Responsible for the schedule of classes and the assignment of students and faculty to classes.
- Responsible for the evaluation of teachers as it relates to the improvement of instruction, curriculum development, and the development of responsible student behavior.
- Through the proper delegation of authority, the Principal of Westfield Vocational Technical High School will supervise all day and evening school programs, summer work program, student work program, and extra-curricular activities.
- Responsible for the maintenance of plant, grounds, and equipment by direct supervision of the custodial staff.
- Responsible for the successful performance of such functions accordance with policy and practice as determined by the Superintendent of Schools and School Committee.
- Keeps informed of and interprets all laws regulation, statutes, rules and policies affecting the Westfield Vocational Technical High School.
- Formulate and administer comprehensive, modern program of vocational and technical education.
- Maintain a close working relationship with community and state agencies and area businesses, industries, and labor organizations in order to provide training consistent with needs.
- Establishes and maintains lay advisory committees as needed.
- Advise and assist the Superintendent of Schools in obtaining state and federal funds for vocational technical education educational programs.
- Assume responsibility for the collection, review, and submission of all required forms and reports relative to the vocational program to state and federal agencies.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the Superintendent of Schools may from time to time as assigned.
This position is contingent upon funding.
Westfield Public Schools is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. Westfield Public Schools ensures equal
employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national
origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Any individual needing
assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department
of Human Resources.