A) Minimum of a 2-yr College Degree and / or one or more Network Administration Certifications such as Comp/TIA Network +, Microsoft, Novell, Red Hat, HP, Cisco, Apple, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
B) Proficiency in multi-platform network environments, including Macintosh, Linux, VMWare, Microsoft, and Novell Operating Systems
C) Experienced in the daily administration of network directory services, and configuration of computer servers and workstations in a networked environment using network management tools such as ZenWorks or Group Policy
D) Experience with Enterprise WLAN system support including configuration of mobile devices
E) Full understanding of TCP/IP and intranet routing, and experience in configuration of network switches and routers.
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Technology Operations
Performs daily administrative tasks relating to the computer network, switches, routers, workstations, mobile devices, and servers. Assists Supervisor of Technology Operations with Network Projects. Provides technical support for the Bethel School District and Town of Bethel technology programs.
1. Under the direction of the Supervisor of Technology Operations, coordinates daily network administrative tasks including, but not limited to: adding and deleting user accounts, network monitoring and troubleshooting, implementing network policies, and testing new software compatibility and deployment methods.
2. Installs and/or updates Network Operating System software. Assists in provisioning Virtual Hosts and Guests.
3. Develops managed workstation images for deployment, and keeps up-to-date documentation on the content and procedures needed to create and deploy the images.
4. Assists the Supervisor of Technology Operations with tasks on network projects.
5. Works collaboratively with the Technology Support Specialist, support technicians, and instructional technology faculty in supporting end-users and resolving software and hardware issues at all school sites and at Town Hall.
6. Maintains an accurate inventory of district-wide hardware and software
7. Able to perform all duties of the Technology Support Specialist
8. Performs other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Supervisor of Technology Operations.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month position
EVALUATION: Supervisor of Technology Operations