Director of Human Resources
Available: July 1, 2012
Central Office - 1029 North Road
Reports to: Superintendent of Schools
- Hold or be eligible for Massachusetts certification as a Superintendent of Schools or other Administration certification.
- At least (5) years of experience in human resources administration.
- Experience in budget planning, fiscal management, collective bargaining and labor relations functions preferred.
- Knowledge of Massachusetts school law including teacher employment and teacher licensure.
- Experience in designing, coordinating, and implementing training programs.
- Background and experience demonstrating ability to work successfully in collegial relationships with administrative staff.
Job Goal: To coordinate the operation of the human resources and labor relations functions of the school district.
- Coordinate and manage the Westfield Public Schools staffing plan, wage and salary development.
- Coordinate the teacher certification process.
- Coordinate the Human Resources staff development process in the Westfield Public Schools.
- Provide assistance to the Superintendent as to the personnel status of the Westfield Public Schools and the use of personnel.
- Assist in the preparation for collective bargaining.
- Coordinate and manage the functions of personnel services to the Westfield Public Schools including employment, reappointment, non-renewal, termination, performance appraisal, contracts, personnel research, unemployment compensation and retirement systems.
- Supervise the evaluation process of all personnel within the Westfield Public Schools.
- Coordinate and manage the process of selection of central staff and school administrative personnel.
- Assist the Superintendent in organizational analysis and development.
- Coordinate and manage the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Plan, direct and monitor the application and employment process of all personnel.
- Assist with the orientation programs for the Westfield Public Schools.
- Prepare personnel reports to meet requirements of State and Federal agencies.
- Serve as advisor to supervisory personnel in the resolution of personnel problems.
- Direct and monitor the processing of leave requests in accordance with laws, regulations and contracts.
- Coordinate the development and revision of job descriptions.
- Direct and monitor unemployment compensation and worker's compensation issues.
- Oversee and conduct employment interviews for supervisory and teaching personnel.
- Serve as custodian of all regular and confidential personnel records.
- Oversee and monitor all contractual obligations for consistency.
- Serve as the Superintendent's designee for grievances.
- Oversee employee benefits.
- Any other duties as directed by the Superintendent.
Terms of Employment:
Twelve-month year with personal services agreement
Performance on this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Westfield School Committee's policy on evaluation.
Recommended Salary: To be determined commensurate with knowledge and experience.
Westfield Public Schools is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. Westfield Public Schools ensures equal
employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national
origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Any individual needing
assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department
of Human Resources.