Salary: $71,687 to $77,596 base salary
Work Year: 229 days
- Experience of 10 or more years in this field, preferred college degree and/or certification(s).
- Experience in personnel supervision.
- Experience in maintaining physical facilities including all building systems with strong emphasis on mechanical systems.
- Experience in managing computerized energy management systems (DDC systems).
- Must have computer skills that include, but are not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and online work order program - School Dude preferred.
- Ability to respond to critical security alarms on off hours such as power outages, mechanical failure, etc.
- Must be able to prioritize and evaluate work orders as needed.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Reports to the Assistant Superintendent of Administrative Services.
- Supervise the daily activities and annually evaluate maintenance personnel.
- Oversee the daily operation and maintenance of the following systems; HVAC, electrical, life safety systems, domestic water, sewers/septic systems and energy management systems.
- Develop schedules for periodic inspection, preventive maintenance and service of building systems noted above. Inspect all school buildings, on a regular basis to determine that a high standard of workmanship is maintained.
- Keeps informed of the latest trends, developments, repairs, upkeep, and products in the areas of maintenance.
- Oversee energy consumption and develop and oversee energy policy.
- Maintains necessary records and prepares required and periodic reports.
- Provides necessary record keeping of all compliance items related to this department including training records, written programs and manuals.
- Develop and maintain a parts inventory control program for the maintenance department.
- Responsible for technical library consisting of plans, specifications, shop drawings, mfg. literature, etc., on all buildings and equipment.
- Provides staff training and personnel development in the area of maintenance.
- Assist with the facilities budget for maintenance, supplies and equipment.
- Authorize and recommend for purchase all maintenance materials, supplies, and equipment in accordance with budgetary limitations and district policies.
- Maintains safety standards in conformance with state and applicable laws and insurance regulations.
- Assumes responsibility for the comprehensive overall planning and scheduling of maintenance and repair requirements of the district.
- Assists in determining appropriate/necessary capital projects to be funded by BSSF. Assist with the facilities budget for maintenance, supplies and equipment.
- Performs such duties as may be assigned by the Assistant Superintendent of Administrative Services.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma and/or related experience.
LANGUAGE, MATHEMATICAL AND REASONIING SKILLS: Ability to speak and write effectively. Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations. Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral format and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands or arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust and focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.