a. Shall possess a Connecticut Coaching Certificate.
a. Shall possess the skills necessary for teaching football on the junior varsity or 9th grade level.
Knowledge and Content:
a. Shall have knowledge concerning:
1. Administration of a football game.
2. Umpiring techniques and rules interpretation.
3. Connecticut Interscholastic Eligibility and Football Regulations.
4. First aid and care and prevention of athletic injuries.
a. Shall be responsible to the head coach, working through the principal, Supervisor of Physical Education and Athletics and the Faculty Manager of Athletics.
b. Shall instruct participants in football skills.
c. Shall be responsible for the general health and welfare of all athletes participating in football, and give appropriate attention to athletes who are injured, ill or otherwise incapacitated.
a. Shall work under the direction of the head coach in the areas of:
Team and individual practice
Scheduling, contacting officials, and arranging transportation, eligibility, consent forms, equipment and general housekeeping
Locker room supervision
Interpreting school athletic policy and regulations to the athletes
b. Shall work directly with one of the sub-varsity teams.
A completed application consists of:
- Completion of all online application pages
- Uploaded Cover Letter
- Uploaded Resume
- Uploaded Letters of Reference
- Uploaded University and/or College Transcripts