Hours: Approx. 5.5-6.0 hours/day, 5 days/week
Staff hours may be slightly adjusted after the program starts based on student attendance.
Dates: June 11 - June 15, 2012
General Purpose of Job: To be responsible for interacting with Kidstop children in an enriching summer school-age care program. "Just Move" is the summer theme, where you will take the children on an awesome adventure of learning about healthy living. "Just think of all the possibilities you could do as you create an adventure this summer!
- Interacting with the children on and off site to insure their safety and that they are having fun.
- Participate in all the children’s activities, e.g., organized games, drawing.
- Lead small group activities.
- Interact with children during activity time, meal time and outdoor time.
- Assist other site staff in preparing and implementing program activities, preparing snacks, and ordering supplies.
- Work together with other staff to meet the needs of all of the participants.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Some experience working with school-age children.
- Minimum of 8 hours of current first aid training within the first 6 months of employment.
Job Type: Part-time, summer
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professionals
Salary Range: Per summer guidelines