Elk Grove High School is seeking exceptional candidates with a strong commitment to helping all students maximize their learning while achieving success with our district goals. A strong academic background is essential. We are looking for exceptional candidates who will assist Elk Grove High School create an exemplar learning community where everyone seeks and implements strategies for improving student achievement and growth; works collaboratively in professional learning communities to achieve goals with a common purpose focused on student learning; and demonstrates a commitment to the success and well-being of all members of our school community.
We expect that all staff member make significant contribution in the broader life of our school through extending their leadership to our school committees, professional learning teams and in the co-curricular arena.
Math – 1.0 FTE
- State of Illinois high school certification (09) in mathematics.
- Candidate must possess a strong mathematical background and have the ability to teach all levels of students from skills based courses to honors level courses (which includes familiarity with the AP curriculum necessary for vertical articulation).
- Experience in deconstructing standards into student friendly learning targets emphasizing critical thinking and multiple modalities.
- Experience working with standards based grading and creation of leveled assessments and curriculum.
- Understanding of Assessment for Learning as an instructional model and background with various RtI components such as re-assessment, mastery learning, and documented objectives and curriculum.
- Familiarity and comfort in working as a contributing member to a PLC. This includes creation of curriculum, analysis and sharing of student performance data and emphasizing student achievement.
- Strong organizational skills and a desire to implement 1-1 technology into their classroom.
- Bilingual or LEP would be a benefit.
- Preference will be given to those candidates willing to work with students outside of the normal school day by participating in activities, athletics, and other school related events.
Click on the orange "APPLY" button above to begin an online application.
“An equal employment and equal education opportunity agency.