Las Cruces Public Schools
505 South Main, Suite 249
Las Cruces, NM 88001
April 16, 2012
POSITION: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
QULIFICATIONS: 1. Masters degree in Education from an accredited college or university
2. Five years experience in teaching
3. Three years experience in school administration preferred
4. Excellent management and organizational skills
5. Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills
6. Valid drivers license
7. Valid New Mexico School Administrators License or proof of
8. Knowledge of staffing issues
The successful candidate will have to plan, coordinate and supervise the operation of the Human Resources Office. Coordinate the recruitment of licensed and non-licensed personnel of an appropriate caliber to ensure an enriched and high level educational experience for all students of the district. Act in a capacity to assure an optimal work environment for all district employees and the best possible learning environment for students.
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
SALARY: Assistant Director for Human Resources--$61,055. -- $78,129. (DOE)
12 Months, 260-day contract
Management & Administrative Support Salary Schedule, Range 7
BEGINNING DATE: As soon as possible after selection
APPLICATION 1. Letter of interest for this position
PROCEDURE: 2. Current resume or VITA
3. Current transcripts
4. Completed AppliTrack application
5. Copy of New Mexico PED Administrative License
6. Criminal History Affidavit Form (required for finalists)
7. Agreement, Authorization, Waiver, and Release Form
8. Three letters of reference written within the last twelve months (one must be from
current supervisor. If this is not appropriate due to ones employment status,
please contact Andrea Fletcher at (575) 527-5976 or e-mail at email@example.com
prior to submitting your application).
All applicants, including current Las Cruces Public Schools employees must submit an application on AppliTrack (http://generalasp.com/lascruces/onlineapp/).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 27, 2012, AT 11:00 p.m.
Applicants will be screened based on information submitted plus review of work history, strength of references and specific experiences. Applicants who emerge as the more qualified candidates will be forwarded to the Interview Committee.
An FBI fingerprint background check will be conducted on all new hires of the Las Cruces Public Schools at a cost to the employee. Continued employment will be contingent upon the results of the background check. Certified employees must meet licensure and highly qualified status, as specified by the New Mexico Public Education Department.
Las Cruces Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Las Cruces Public Schools has a No Smoking/No Tobacco Policy