Cañon City School District Fremont RE-1 is accepting applications for PARAPROFESSIONALS at Canon Exploratory School beginning August 2012. This position works Monday through Friday, 7 hours per day. Starting pay of $9.11 per hour, depends on prior experience. These positions will be for Special Education and Title I Programs.
• Paraprofessionals must meet proficiency on state approved paraprofessional assessment or possess an AA Degree or the equivalency of two years of undergraduate college classes (approximately 48 hours)
• Ability to work cooperatively in a school atmosphere with staff members, students and the public
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language and comply with directions and instructions to complete tasks and establish priorities.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
POSITION DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Demonstrate reliability in all work situations
• Present a professional appearance personally and in the work area
• Promote and maintain positive working relationships with peers, students, and the public
• Be knowledgeable about the job
• Always strive to stay on task and produce high quality work
• Model the District's Mission and Belief Statements
• Under the direction of the supervising teacher, implement schedules and routines, communicate with parents, work 1-to-1, in small groups or in full classroom settings, complete and perform clerical tasks, and support school-wide and classroom management plans.
• Meet the educational, physical and emotional needs of students assigned
• Possess skills to be able to utilize basic technology as directed by the District to communicate and function effectively as a 21st century employee.
• Assist with supervisory, clerical or other job-related duties as assigned.
• Ability to work with a variety of students with special needs
• Duties may include outside supervision and inclement weather
TO APPLY: A district application must be completed online at www.canoncityschools.org. Inquiries: Ty Valentine, Director of Human Resources, Cañon City Schools, 101 N. 14th St., Cañon City, CO 81212 (719) 276-5700. Applications must be complete to be considered by Friday, April 20, 2012.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cañon City Schools is an equal opportunity education institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race color, national origin, sex, disability or sexual orientation. Cañon City Schools complies with Title IX.