Cañon City School District Fremont RE-1 is accepting applications for HEALTH TECHNICIAN at Canon Exploratory School, beginning August, 2012. Starting pay is $9.30 – $10.41, depending on experience. This position is Monday – Friday, 176 days per year.
• High School Diploma
• Current CPR and First Aid Certificate required
• Medical dispensing and blood-born pathogens training desirable
• Effective Communication and Social Skills
• Demonstrate reliability in all work situations
• Present a professional appearance personally and in the work area
• Promote and maintain positive working relationships with peers, students, and the public
• Be knowledgeable about the job
• Possess adequate office skills-minimal typing, filing, management of student health files
• Able to administer basic first aid
• Keep confidential all school health related matters
• Exercise reasonable judgment in calling the District Nurse(s) for situations exceeding the employee’s training level
• Model the District's Mission and Belief Statements
• Under the direction of the District Nurse(s) and the site administrator(s), implement schedules and routines, effectively communicate with public and other building personnel, and support school-wide building management and culture plans.
• Meet the safety, physical and emotional needs of students
• Maintain health history information for students
• Maintain frequent communication with parents of students who are ill, injured or on a Health Action Plan
• When deemed necessary by the District Nurse(s), transport ill or injured students
• Record daily absences and health issues/office visits
• Possess skills to be able to utilize basic technology as directed by the District to communicate and function effectively as a 21st century employee.
• Assist with other job-related duties as assigned.
• Ability to work cooperative in a school atmosphere with staff members, students and the public
• Ability to read, write, and speak the English language and comply with directions and instructions to complete tasks and establish priorities
TO APPLY: Complete an application online at www.canoncityschools.org. Inquires may be made to Ty Valentine, Director of Human Resources, School District Fremont Re-1, 101 N. 14th St., Cañon City, CO 81212, 719-276-5701. Applications must be completed and submitted on Friday, april 20, 2012.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cañon City Schools is an equal opportunity education institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race color, national origin, sex, disability or sexual orientation. Cañon City Schools complies with Title IX.