Art - 0.8 FTE Wheeling High School
Wheeling High School is seeking exceptional candidates who are committed to helping all students in a culturally diverse environment maximize their learning while making progress towards achieving district goals. A strong academic background is essential with a readiness to teach advanced placement courses. We expect our candidates to be highly proficient leaders who will excel in facilitating interdisciplinary curricular connections building-wide. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively articulate the role of literacy within a Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) curriculum.
- State of Illinois high school certification in Art Education
- Preference given to candidates who have experience teaching AP level art classes
- Experience with a blended curriculum of film and digital photography
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Dark room experience with photography is essential
- Experience teaching a variety of levels in one classroom
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with technology and on-line resources
- Effective classroom behavior-management skills
- Must be willing to work as a contributing member of course-alike and divisional teams to improve instructional practices and curriculum that benefits student achievement
- Preference will be given to candidates willing to work with students outside of the normal school day by participating in activities, athletics, or other school related endeavors.
Click on the orange "APPLY" button above to begin an online application.
“An equal employment and equal education opportunity agency."