Total hours per week: 20 hours/week - 4 hours/day
Starting pay rate = $9.30-$11.30 per hour (DOE)
Responsible for assisting with the instructional and physical needs of special needs students in a variety of functions and settings.
1. Collaborates and consults with the classroom teacher, special education teacher and specialists in instructional activities in accordance with IEP goals.
2. Assists with instruction in the classroom, one on one and small groups.
3. Maintains and monitors the daily activities of the student and provides a variety of assistance when needed.
4. May assist with the preparation of instructional and resource materials.
5. May supervises special needs student in non-classroom settings.
6. Maintains some student records pertaining to behavior and progress, including confidential reports and information and reports for staffings.
7. Participates in team meetings.
8. Interacts and communicates appropriately with parents and other staff.
9. Provides clerical support in a variety of functions.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
High school graduate or equivalent
General office equipment
Some knowledge of special needs students helpful
Has the ability to work co-operatively with supervisors and co-workers
Maintains a generally positive attitude
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Frequent standing, walking, sitting, bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, lifting up to 50 pounds with assistance