Oak Park and River Forest High School
Student Intervention Director
Classification and Status:
Salary and Benefits:
and full benefits
Three (3) or more years successful teaching
and/or administrative experience at the high school
level. A master's degree is required. The successful
candidate must possess the Illinois Type 75 Administrative
certificate with general administrative endorsement.
To collaborate with other
administrators in providing a safe learning environment for all
students and staff members.
1.Support and participate in Positive Behavioral Interventions
and Programs at Local High School.
2. Work as a collaborative team member with staff, parents and
community resource agencies.
3. Support the Academic Programs.
4. Maintain student discipline in the building, on the school
grounds, at school events, and on buses to ensure proper education
5. Ensure compliance with the mandatory attendance law and
develop positive student attendance patterns by supervising daily
attendance and by monitoring the procedures of the attendance
6. Supervise and assist in evaluating the performance of tenure
and non-tenure instructional staff to comply with contract
7. Communicate regularly with parents and others in the
community to develop and maintain a positive school-community
8. Maintain behavioral logs for each student on caseload.
9. Supervision of co-curricular activities and Safety and
10. Provide feedback and recommendations to supervisory
11. Review and establish school policy and objectives with the
administrative team to facilitate effective school management.
12. Other duties as assigned by the building principal/assistant
KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
1. Extensive knowledge of curriculum,
instructional and administrative theory.
2. Strong interpersonal communications skills in
order to meet all of the needs of organizing and directing a
3. Strong organizational skills to maintain and
improve a complex organization.
4. Experience or demonstrated ability to manage
and direct other certified staff.
No unusual physical or visual demands.
Responsibilities are conducted in a single
high school district with standard office conditions. Offices may
be with or without windows.
The compensation and benefits package for this
position will be highly competitive for the Chicago suburban
area. Interested candidates must complete the on-line
application and upload a formal letter of interest, current
resume, unofficial transcripts, certification and three letters
Excellence Our Tradition
Diversity Our Strength
OPRFHS is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and actively seeks