The Health Services Secretary will provide health services to students and staff in order to promote optimal levels of health and well-being. The incumbent is under the supervision of the Assistant Coordinator of Health Services, Coordinator of Health Services and the Site Principal.
1. Performs first aid, emergency care and other illness interventions according to School District policies while providing a safe environment for students and staff.
2. Administers medication to students as per physician's orders and parent authorization in order to provide required medication.
3. Assists the Assistant Coordinator of Health Services and the Coordinator of Health Services in the prevention and control of communicable diseases including enforcement of state immunization laws so that diseases are controlled in the school setting.
4. Maintains current student and staff emergency information and health records which may include updates to student information system to ensure that medical data is available in emergency situations.
5. Records all health incident reports at site including accident reports. Prepares and processes all health documents including physical examination forms so that records are maintained in an orderly manner.
6. Assists Specialists of Health Services in vision and hearing screening. Conducts follow-up in order to minimize health concerns that may interfere with the education of students.
7. Assists in the implementation of School District health program goals in cooperation with staff, administration and community resources.
8. Assists in coordinating all screening programs, special projects or events so that activities operate effectively.
9. Maintains site health supplies and equipment to ensure that materials are available as needed.
10. Performs general office duties such as typing, sorting, filing, maintaining files and records, duplicating materials, scheduling and processing various forms and reports so that the department functions in a proper and efficient manner.
11. Performs receptionist duties such as answering telephones, disseminating information to persons and providing directions so that questions and inquiries are properly answered while maintaining confidentiality.
12. Resource for students, refer to counselors, public health nurse, Assistant Coordinator of Health Services, etc.
13. Other job related duties as assigned.
1. High school degree, GED, or equivalent.
2. Experience in health care setting.
3. Current First Aid certification.
4. Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification including Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
5. Ability to use medical equipment.
6. Willingness and ability to accept and follow directions.
7. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
8. Ability to work well with students, parents, staff, administration and other adults and participate positively as a team member.
9. Basic typing skills/data entry.
10. Training and/or experience in the use of computer equipment.
11. Organizational skills including filing, bookkeeping and knowledge of office equipment.
12. Ability to communicate well verbally and in written form.
13. Good telephone skills and ability to deal with the public.
14. No allergies that would limit ability to work with medical or cleaning chemicals or routine medication.
15. Ability to work overtime including evenings, weekends and holidays.