Litchfield Elementary School District #79
- Bachelor’s degree in elementary education.
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate and Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
To create a flexible kindergarten program and kindergarten environment favorable to learning and personal growth. To establish rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for further participation in the total school program, in accordance with each pupil's ability to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
- Provides learning experiences in language arts, social studies, pre-reading, arithmetic, science, art, physical education, and music to pupils utilizing a course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develops and uses instructional materials suitable for verbal or visual instruction of pupils with wide range of mental, physical, and emotional maturities.
- Provides individual and group instruction designed to meet individual needs and help the pupils make a satisfactory transition to school.
- Established and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve effective participation in all activities without interfering with the natural informal atmosphere of a kindergarten.
- Evaluates academic and social growth of pupils and keeps appropriate records.
- Communicates with parents through a variety of means. Holds parents conferences to discuss the individual pupil’s progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the District and/or self-selected professional growth activities.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Insures a comfortable room environment through control of heating, lighting, and ventilation to the extent possible.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs as required.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Terms of Employment
Salary and work year to be established by the Governing Board.