Early Childhood Teachers / Occupational Therapists / Speech-Language Pathologists
Summer Preschool Developmental Screening Team
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that demands educational excellence. It stands as a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national level for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities of Boulder, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill cover approximately 500 square miles and serve an estimated 211,000 residents, with an enrollment of more than 29,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within its boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: www.bvsd.org
- Serve as the ECSE or ECE teacher on the District’s Summer Preschool Developmental Screening Team
- Administer DIAL 4 Screening to children ages 2 ½ through 5 years
- Assume other duties as assigned by ECE Instructional Coach and Director of Early Childhood Education
- Currently hold a Colorado Special Services license in appropriate endorsement
- Complete and submitted BVSD online application
- Experience and/or interest in screening and assessment of children ages 2 ½ - 5 years
- Extensive knowledge of child development
- Ability to work in a fast paced, family friendly environment
Effective: Anticipated summer screening dates are held Monday through Thursday, June 4 – August 8, 2012
At time of interview applicants will be asked about preference and availability to work all or some of the above days.
Curriculum Pay rate: $24.58 per hour
Application and Selection Procedure:
- Apply on-line at http://bvsd.org (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
- Regular teachers requesting transfers to less than their current assignment would assume the contracted FTE of the accepted position.
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD - 720-561-5093; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html