Litchfield Elementary School
Mathematics Teacher-must be Highly Qualified
- Bachelor's degree in education with a minor in
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate and Fingerprint
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board
may find appropriate and acceptable.
To help each pupil develop competence in basic mathematical
skills and an understanding of the structure of mathematics; to
motivate each pupil to apply mathematical understanding and
skills in the solution of practical problems; to encourage pupils
to develop their special talents in the field of mathematics.
- Teaches courses in mathematics to secondary pupils
utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and
appropriate curriculum publications as guidelines in teaching
individual course content.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter
specified in state law and administrative regulations and
procedures of the school district.
- Develops lesson plans and appropriate instructional aids
stressing "discovery" and laboratory learning methods.
- Demonstrates mathematical concepts using models,
chalkboard, overhead projector, and other standard or
teacher-prepared instructional aides.
- Provides opportunities when needed for individualized and
small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of
- Designs learning activities that will relate mathematics to
the physical world.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior
needed to promote an orderly, productive classroom
- Evaluates each pupil's progress in mathematical knowledge
- Selects and requisitions books, instructional aids, and
instructional supplies; maintains required inventory
- Communicates with parents to interpret cotemporary methods
in teaching mathematics and with parents and school counselors
to discuss the individual pupil's progress.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other
professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils
solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the
assigned working day.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental
- Shares in the sponsorship of student activities such as
mathematic teams and participates in faculty committees.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service
education activities provided by the District and/or in
self-selected professional growth activities.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Terms of Employment
Salary and work schedule to be established by the Governing