BEACH PARK SCHOOL DISTRICT
Position/Title: Payroll Clerk/Personnel Assistant
Location: District Office
Director Supervisor: Director of Business
Qualifications: High School degree, Associate’s Degree preferred. Minimum of 1-2 years payroll related experience required. School District experience favorable.
Knowledge of federal and state payroll regulations. Strong computer skills with experience using MS Office software – DCR software experience favorable.
Must be detail oriented and deadline driven with strong organizational, written and oral communication skills. Must be able to manage multiple tasks. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Must have excellent analytical ability to proactively work out problems and implement solutions. Must maintain high level of professionalism, integrity, trust and confidence.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on payroll matters. Research and respond to payroll related inquires from internal and external sources
- Manages payroll related personnel, salary, deduction, and benefit information in financial/employee management database and independent spreadsheets
- Manages the preparation, distribution, and reporting processes for monthly bi-monthly payroll. Computes the calculation of wages and salaries, deductions and benefits, taxes and other withholdings. Calculates special checks, verifies, edits and makes corrections and adjustments as needed.
- Posts payroll accounting data and prepares routine reports and/or payments to government agencies, insurance companies and others. Ensures that payments and reporting requirements are disbursed timely and accurately.
- Manage and maintain the AESOP system for substitutes
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as assigned
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Twelve month year (260 days excluding paid legal holidays and paid vacations). Salary established by the Board of Education.