GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To screen, evaluate and diagnosing students psychologically.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Serves as a team member in the screening, evaluating and diagnosing students psychologically.
- Conducts parent-staff conferences to interpret findings and recommendations resulting from evaluations.
- Provides professional advice and consultation to students, parents, staff and faculty on all matters related to psychological needs and services in the schools.
- Collects, compiles, evaluates and provides data that may become necessary as a matter of information, documentation, reports or administrative planning requirements.
- Researches and studies the field of child growth and development in order to recognize the academic, social and emotional needs of children.
- Develops an understanding of the local community and its educational needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Knowledge of psychological testing and assessment techniques and practices.
Knowledge of principles and practices of educational potential and abilities.
Knowledge of child grown and development.
Knowledge of effective communication and negotiation skills.
Knowledge of federal, state and district rules and regulations as they apply to psychological services of educational institutions.
Knowledge of leadership practices and techniques.
Skill in performing psychological tests and assessments.
Skill in operating office equipment and computer hardware and software applications.
Skill in communicating orally and in writing.
Skill in researching, analyzing and interpreting data and applying it to implement new programs or policies.
Skill in compiling reports and other written documents.
Skill in establishing rapport with students, parents, faculty and staff.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in psychology, education, school psychology or a related field and two (2) years case management work experience OR an equivalent combination or education and experience that provide the required knowledge and skill. Bilingual preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Arizona State Board of Education School Psychologist Certificate.
Retiree welcome to apply.