Under general supervision from the Director of Facilities Management, this position is responsible for providing administrative office support for Facilities Management.
* = Essential Duties
* Assists the Director of Facilities Management with the bidding process for all construction projects. This includes complete document preparation, distribution of bidding documentation to the local newspaper and potential bidders, and summarizing bid opening results and the tracking of bid projects by work order process.
* Maintains the Facilities Management electronic documentation storage and retrieval system. This includes preparing and scanning documents into this system.
* Schedules department and supervisory meetings and schedules appointments for the Director of Facilities Management. Attend meetings as required and distributes minutes to meeting attendees as necessary. Attend all supervisory meetings and head custodian meetings.
* Schedules employees for district-sponsored continuing education classes. Maintains class lists and total units list for individual pay increases and forwards this information to Payroll. Contacts directly with Heartland Community College regarding specific classes.
* Maintains the Integrated Pest Management registry for each school within the district. Responsible for contacting listed persons in the event of spraying. Updates the list on an annual basis and contacts those currently on the list for renewal.
* Coordinates work order requests, utilizing the Facilities Management work order helpdesk system. Generates weekly open work order report and other reports as needed from this system.
* Inputs monthly utility usage and cost information for reporting purposes
* Prepares electronic purchase orders and pink payment requests and submits them to the Director of Facilities Management for review and approval.
* Matches invoices with purchase orders and forwards them to the Director of Facilities Management for review and approval.
* Coordinates building use applications by researching past history, distributing approved applications and preparing invoices for payment from such users. Gathers additional information as needed and reports to the Director of Facilities Management.
* Prepares a monthly Facilities Management report by gathering data from several sources. This report is scanned and distributed electronically to the FM supervisors. Generates monthly reports that includes, but is not limited to, labor distribution report, utility usage and cost report and work order reports.
* Prepares bi-weekly time sheets submitted from custodial and maintenance staff and submits to the Director of Facilities Management for review and approval. Reconciles time utilized on timesheets with AESOP and forwards changes/additions to Human Resources.
* Responsible for the District vehicle reservation system. Provides keys and gas cards packets for staff. Maintains a scanned record of licenses & personal insurance information per insurance company requests and is updated each school year.
* Maintains monthly performance appraisal schedule of all staff for supervisors.
* Provides switchboard coverage in the morning, morning break, lunch break and afternoon break.
* Provides support in Accounting department on an as needed basis.
* Composes letters, memos, correspondence, basic spreadsheets, basic databases, etc. on an as needed basis.
* Answers incoming calls for the Director, supervisors, customer work order requests, and vendor inquires,
etc. Responds to a wide variety of questions and dispatches assistance or messages, as required.
* Sorts, opens and distributes mail specific to the Facilities Management function.
The above description covers the most significant duties performed, but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the skills and responsibility levels appropriate for this position.
Technical or specialized skills of a more advanced nature are required, normally equivalent to the completion of a formal two-year program at a college, junior college or secretarial school in a business management or office administration curriculum. Related work experience can be substituted for formal education.
One to two additional years of related office experience.
Demonstrated ability to work independently to complete projects and meet goals and deadlines.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Advanced knowledge of PC spreadsheet and word processing applications. High level of proficiency and accuracy in typing and data entry skills.
Highly developed organizational skills for managing multiple projects, priorities and requests.
Demonstrated success working in an environment with periods of high volume activity and continuous interruptions.