Closes: Until filled
Western Sky Middle School
- Bachelor's degree in education with a minor in music.
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate and Fingerprint
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board
may find appropriate and acceptable.
To develop in each pupil an appreciation of the art of music
as part of general culture; to teach techniques of vocal and/or
instrumental music expression; to discover and develop talents of
pupils in the field of music; to develop knowledge and skills in
listening to and reading music.
- Instills aesthetic principles of music.
- Teaches skills in music appreciation, harmony, and
explorations in music, and/or choral music (chorus, choir,
choral ensemble) to secondary pupils.
Utilizes course of study adopted by
the Governing Board and other appropriate learning
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter
specified in state law and administrative regulations and
procedures of the school district.
- Plans a balance music program and organized daily class
time so that preparation, rehearsal, and instruction can be
accomplished within the allotted time.
- Provides individual and small group instruction in order to
adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature,
including traditional and contemporary, that are appropriate
for ages and skill levels of pupils.
- Controls the storage and use of school-owned property;
makes minor adjustments and requests repairs to instruments as
- Establishes and maintains standard of pupil behavior to
provide an orderly, productive environment during practice,
group rehearsals, and musical performances.
- Evaluates each pupil's musical growth and performance, sets
goals and objectives for performance, assessing each
individual's contribution to the performance of the group.
- Selects and requisitions books, musical instruments, and
instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Communicates with parents on pupil progress and
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other
professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils
solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Cooperates with the school administration in providing
musical programs for school productions, graduation ceremonies,
and civic functions
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities as
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental
- Participates in faculty committees and sponsorship of pupil
- Maintains professional competence through in-service
education provided by the District and/or in self-selected
professional growth activities related to music.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Terms of Employment
Salary and work year to be established by the Governing