POSITION: Academic Advisor
POSITION GUIDE: Certified Personnel 9 Months Plus 10 Additional Days
Entry level administrative position assisting with student discipline, attendance, teacher evaluation and the development and implementation of curriculum.
REQUIREMENTS: Illinois State Certificate Type 75 General Administrative
Knowledge of Middle School Curriculum and Development
The primary function of the Academic Advisor is to assist in the development and implementation of curriculum and assessment and assist students in the improvement of behavior.
Proved record of dynamic educational leadership, including interpersonal and communication skills with students, staff and parents; knowledge of junior high curriculum and instruction; successful teaching experience; ability to be a part of an effective management team; ability to work well in a professional community with high expectations for its students and schools.
1. Communicates and works effectively with staff and parents.
2. Provides accurate, well-written communications to staff and parents.
1. Communicates and implements the district’s mission and goals.
2. Sets a vision of excellence for the school.
3. Demonstrates high expectations for staff and students.
4. Recognizes the qualities of effective instruction.
5. Assists staff in evaluating instructional effectiveness and setting goals for improvement.
6. Assists in the selection of instructional materials and supplies from District approved list.
7. Monitors student progress continually.
8. Is a visible presence in building to staff and students.
9. Is continually engaged in school improvement efforts.
10. Encourages creativity and innovation to improve student achievement.
11. Attends teacher team planning meetings.
12. Assists staff in evaluating instructional effectiveness and setting goals for improvement.
13. Performs all other responsibilities as assigned by the Principal.
1. Provides classroom supervision.
2. Supports and implements established building policies, procedures and regulations.
3. Supervises lunchroom activities.
4. Supervises all after-hour functions in the school.
5. Organizes and supervises school assemblies.
6. Recommends improvements and changes to the Building Principal in the educational program, instructional materials and supplies.
Student Learning Environment
1. Promotes a positive school climate.
2. Contributes to the development of a safe and orderly learning environment for students and staff.
3. Communicates effectively with students, parents, staff and community.
4. Diligently protects the rights of every child to an equal opportunity for education.
Teacher Performance Improvement
1. Conferences regularly with staff members to review performance.
2. Effectively evaluates staff according to district plan.
3. Attends and contributes to district-level and other professional meetings.
4. Encourages professional growth to enhance teacher performance
5. Expresses interest and enthusiasm for teaching and learning.
6. Coaches and counsels staff in helpful and supportive manner.
7. Participates in teacher in-service and training programs.
8. Provides instructional strategies and guidance.
1. Is personally committed to lifelong learning.
2. Demonstrates honesty and integrity.
3. Demonstrates a sense of teamwork.
4. Serves as a positive role model for students and staff.
5. Maintains a professional demeanor.
6. Utilizes effective school research in decision making.
1. Participates in parent workshops, trainings and in-service.
2. Communicates school mission and expectations regularly and provides follow-up to reinforce message.
3. Promotes and maintains quality community relations.
Application Process: Apply online at www.joliet86.org
Applications accepted until position filled