*Reopened - previous applicants will be considered and do not need to reapply*
Community Programs Bookkeeper (Category 6)
Reports to the Senior Manager of Accounting
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the bookkeeping duties (receipt of client fees and tuition, processing of purchase requisitions) relating to the Community Programs Department.
Qualifications: 1) Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associates Degree. Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute additional experience as indicated on a year-for-year basis with (30) semester hour credits being equal to one (1) year. 2) Three (3) years experience in a bookkeeper position, preferably for a large public school district. 3) Knowledge of GAAP and New Jersey rules and regulations governing school districts. 4) Knowledge of automated accounting software. 5) Solid working knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office software.
Work Year: 12 months
Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Accounting, responsibilities include:
1. Prepares and issues invoices for fees and tuition using the district's online payment system.
2. Manages accounts receivable and makes appropriate recommendations for collection action.
3. Accurately processes transactions using the district's accounting system.
4. Collects funds and prepares deposits for banking.
5. Maintains electronic vendor files.
6. Process purchase requisitions for Community Program related purchases and refunds of client paid fees and tuition.
7. Responds to inquiries to financial matters.
8. Maintains a working knowledge of the position, including applicable regulations.
9. Ability to work independently.
10. Cross trains and provides back up support to other bookkeepers.
11. Establishment and maintenance of files.
12. Assists in providing training to users of financial systems.
13. Maintains confidentiality and integrity of all data/information accessed while performing the duties of the position.
14. Performs all other duties that may be within the scope of his/her employment and may be assigned by his/her supervisor.