General Purpose of Job:
Assist work coordinators in the operation and function of
Extended School Year (ESY) services specific to transition
programming for students. Work with individual or small
groups of students in Work Based Learning
placements. The goal of ESY services is to help
students maintain their current level of functioning.
- Assist in the implementation of the students'
Individualized Education Program (IEP) in all settings in which
the programming is delivered.
- Assist in the implementation and follow-through of the
students' instructional training plans.
- Assist with job development for students receiving
- Make appropriate accommodations for students' program in
all settings under the direction of the work coordinator.
- Act as a liaison between the school program and community
- Collect observational data about assigned students.
- Complete educational forms, reports and other student
related data relevant to the individual student(s).
- Assist with preparation, collection and maintenance of
appropriate materials and equipment, which have a relationship
to the ESY work experience program.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the work
coordinators and approved by the site special education
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Persons employed shall have the skills needed to perform
tasks and work with students, staff and employers.
- Experience working with persons with
- Possess a valid Minnesota Driver's license.
- Must have physical capability to lift and attend to
physical needs of students as required.
Job Type: Part-time, summer
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support
Salary Range: Per Contract