General Description Of Position:
Responsible for assisting families with children from birth until kindergarten enrollment with accessing and maintaining services and supports coordinated across agency lines. Coordinate and support community work that strengthens early childhood services in the Calhoun Intermediate School District service area which include, but are not limited to, the Great Start Collaborative and Ready Teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct initial home visits for every family with a newborn.
- Provide a link to community services that may assist families at any stage of child development.
- Identify potential health and safety issues that may result in referrals to community service agencies.
- Work with parents to strengthen parenting skills (Parents As Teachers) and learn how to become advocates for their children.
- Conduct formal and informal assessment activities during home visits.
- Coordinate and support community-based family events for families with children not yet in kindergarten including toddler play groups.
- Work with parents to strengthen/support their ability to promote literacy and learning development strategies in their children.
- Facilitate the development of school readiness transition and planning.
- Provide direct services to families including intake, home-based parent education, provision of parent/child early learning group (play groups), consultations with preschools and child care providers, transition services and child developmental assessment.
- Provide all data collection, evaluation and reports required as directed by supervisor.
- Travel to meet job requirements.
- Use various software packages for communication and documentation purposes.
- Maintain regular consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Adhere to district health and safety procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Adhere to Board policies.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience working with families and children representative of our county in teacher children birth to five, working with community agencies, early childhood providers or parents focused on school readiness and early care and education.
- Fluency in a second language such as Spanish or Burmese is preferred.
Only those candidates that provide the requested information will be considered.
- Provide a resume and letter of interest including a review of relevant experience.
- With your letter of interest you must provide photographic evidence of meeting the minimal qualifications, i.e., copies of diplomas, educational transcripts, certifications and licensure.
- Current letters of reference.
- Materials received from applicants after the deadline will not be considered.
- Internal applicants are equally responsible for providing all requested information. Calhoun Intermediate School District will not retrieve or copy information from your personnel file. It is the applicant's sole responsibility and if necessary the person should make the needed arrangements in order to review their personnel file and obtain any copies to include with their letter of interest and resume.
Application Deadline: April 23, 2012, at 4:00 p.m. (Internal Candidates)
Open Until Filled (External Candidates)
The Calhoun Intermediate School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.