Administrative Assistant - Early Childhood
(Department of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Assist and relieve the assigned consultant(s), director and/or assistant superintendent of a variety of tasks to enhance the smooth and efficient operation of the Department of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment (DCIA).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with the assigned consultant/director/assistant superintendent.
- Monitor department operational line-item budgets as assigned. Develop, implement and monitor grants (applications, funding, budgets and reporting). Manage grants on MEGS (Michigan Electronic Grant System).
- Organize and facilitate materials for all assigned programs. Keep records for workshops/programs/meetings, apply for and monitor SB CEUs and invoice for workshops as required.
- Assume responsibility for purchase card purchasing policies and balancing the statement with receipts.
- Prepare and write routine correspondence, reports and compile notes as assigned.
- Keep immediate supervisor abreast of departmental issues, concerns and timelines.
- Receive and place phone calls and record messages.
- Maintain a filing system and process incoming correspondence as instructed.
- Maintain general information and knowledge of school district operations.
- Complete Meeting Room Manager room reservations, including food and technical equipment.
- Facilitate the use of on-line registration and the professional development web-based registration system.
- Monitor and edit the DCIA portion of the ISD website to keep it current.
- Attend Administrative Assistant Tech meetings and other professional meetings or workshops applicable to the job.
- Open mail and order supplies.
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to: manage SB CEU Program and training, coordinate and facilitate support staff meetings.
- Maintain regular consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Adhere to district health and safety procedures.
- Adhere to Board policies.
- Maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) years secretarial/office management experience.
- Ability to manage budgets and provide financial reports using multiple data systems.
- Ability to manage data bases for student records such as the common application.
Only those candidates that provide the requested information will be considered.
- Provide a resume and letter of interest including a review of relevant experience.
- With your letter of interest you must provide photographic evidence of meeting the minimal qualifications, i.e., copies of diplomas, educational transcripts, certifications and licensure.
- Current letters of reference.
- Materials received from applicants after the deadline will not be considered.
- Internal applicants are equally responsible for providing all requested information. Calhoun Intermediate School District will not retrieve or copy information from your personnel file. It is the applicant's sole responsibility and if necessary the person should make the needed arrangements in order to review their personnel file and obtain any copies to include with their letter of interest and resume.
Application Deadline: April 23, 2012, at 4:00 p.m. (Internal Candidates)
Open Until Filled (External Candidates)
The Calhoun Intermediate School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.