Description: GSRP Pre School Program
STAFF HIRED WILL REMAIN AT SUB PAY UNTIL COURSEWORK IN INFANT AND CHILD CPR AND FIRST AID IS COMPLETED
Terms of Employment: Monday through Friday
7:30 am - 4:00 pm
10 Month Position
Salary: At the appropriate Step on the Paraprofessional Pay Scale plus a $2,000 stipend for educational requirements for this position
Reports to: Learning Ladder Director and/or Principal
- High School diploma
- CDA Certificate or Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development
- Demonstrated aptitude for kind of work to be performed
- Willingness to participate in our staff development program
- Current child/adult CPR certification and current certification in Standard First Aid
- Must complete and pass a fitness for duty physical
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
Will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Assist in developing and maintaining a quality preschool program as assigned. This includes lesson plans, observations, screenings, activity preparation, family contracts, individualized instruction, problem-solving, resource referrals and compliance with program and agency requirements
- Supervises children and maintains a harmonious atmosphere
Meets needs of individual children in conjunction with implementation of the lesson plans
Treats each child with dignity and respect
Helps each child to be successful
Assists with meals, snacks and clean up routines
- Assists with wash up, toilet routines and clothing
- Performs student record-keeping, (i.e., food counts, attendance, observations records, child assessments.)
- Assists in preparing center and classroom displays and bulletin boards, room arrangement and the learning environment, consistent with the Lamphere Learning Ladder curriculum
- Cares for equipment, maintains a safe environment for children
- Participates in Lamphere Learning Ladder staff meetings and staff development training programs
- Establishes a positive relationship with parents
- Works cooperatively with school and Learning Ladder staff
- Assists teacher in two home visits and two conferences per year for enrolled families
Qualified external candidates interested in this position should apply on line using the procedures below:
Click "View all Open Positions in OHRC Districts"
Click "Broken Down by District"
Click "Lamphere Schools"
Click on Desired Position
Click on "Apply" button in the upper right corner & follow prompts
Qualified internal candidates interested in this position should apply on line using the procedures below:
On the left side of the page
Click on "Employment Opportunities"
Click on "Submit Internal Application/Transfer Form"
Follow the prompts
If you have any questions, contact Pat Bowden in the Human Resource Office at (248) 589-1990 x2009
It shall be the policy of the district not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status or handicap status in the employment of personnel.