Title: Floating School Nurse
- Must hold a valid Illinois School Service Personnel certificate with a School Nurse endorsement.
- Two years of experience in the field of nursing.
Reports to: Assistant Principal for Pupil/Personnel Services
Function: To provide a climate of health and well-being in the District schools in the District schools.
- Receives physical examination and immunization reports of all incoming freshmen and transfer students as required by the School Code of Illinois.
- Executes referrals for students needing professional medical and/or dental care.
- Administers first aid in situations requiring emergency treatment and follows through by:
Counsels students on health related problems.Arranges for health records to follow when a student transfers to another school.Conducts visual and hearing screening of freshmen, transfer students, and all special education students.Maintains required certification for vision and hearing screening.Follows physician's directions to exclude and/or re-admit students following absences of five consecutive days, especially in cases of infections and/or contagious diseases.Advises school personnel of student's health condition when there exists a need for special attention and/or consideration.Carries out the directives and policies of the Board of Education and administration relating to student health services.Assists the attendance officer in the attendance procedures by following up on absentees.Cooperates with other student services personnel in developing programs to benefit student development.Receives and makes a record of student drug prescriptions, if drugs are to be administered during the school day, and follows established administrative procedures.Excuses students from physical education participation as per established procedures.Performs any other related duties when requested by the Assistant Principal of Pupil Personnel Services.Participates in committee and in group meetings considering school health services topics and the health curriculum.Prepares reports of physical disabilities and/or conditions to parents, school personnel, physicians, and other sources when warranted.Maintains student cumulative health records. Prepares written periodic activity reports and recommendations to the administration. Maintains inventories and requisitions required supplies and equipment necessary for the operation of the health services program.Assists with the supervision of sanitary conditions maintained in school facilities: cafeteria, restrooms, shower rooms, etc.
- Directing actions of others called upon to give assistance.
- Arranging for transportation of students, in need of medical attention, which includes the summoning of the ambulance/paramedics.
- Completing the necessary accident report and maintaining files of such records.
Terms of Employment:
Regular school year plus book pick-up days; Salary as provided by the current negotiated Agreement.
Bi-annual evaluation based on criteria as defined in the negotiated Agreement and the Certified Staff Evaluation Procedures.